Hooked To Books was established in 2012 by readers and writers who love books! We nurture and empower the love of books and support your book-reading fantasies.
Hooked To Books Scholarship
At Hooked To Books, we acknowledge the importance of education and highly value knowledge.
In an effort to promote reading and education among young people, we are pleased to announce the Hooked To Books Annual Scholarship for college students, with a total value of $1,500.
Click here to read the top five essays from 2019 on the life-changing power of books!
How to Enter the 2020 Hooked to Books Scholarship
To apply, submit an essay, written in English, and between 1,000-2,000 words in length, answering one of the following questions:
One winner, as chosen by the Hooked To Books Scholarship Committee, will be awarded a prize of $1,000. One runner-up will receive $500. The check will be sent directly to your college.
Scholarship Temporarily Suspended Until Further Notice
We have temporarily halted our annual scholarship program, so we are not accepting any new submissions at the moment. Please subscribe to our email list to be notified when the scholarship submissions reopen.
Full Scholarship Application Guidelines
- The applicant should, on the scholarship result announcement date, be enrolled in a two year or four-year college program. This scholarship is open to applicants from all countries in the world.
- The applicant must write an email with the subject line of “HTB 2020 Scholarship Application” and send it to [email protected]. They will state in the email their name, contact address, phone number, the school name and state where they are attending college.
- The essay must be sent as an attachment in Word form (.doc or .docx extension) in the aforementioned email. The file should be named HTB_Lastname. Example: HTB_Reagan.docx
- Only one (1) submission per applicant is allowed. The applicants of the 2017 and 2018 program can participate in 2020.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be automatically rejected without notification.
- The application is free of charge.
- By submitting their essay, the applicant gives permission to publish the essay on HookedToBooks.com and Hooked To Books social media pages.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Submission starting date: May 4, 2020
Deadline of submission: December 18, 2020
The results will be announced on January 25, 2021 on this website. All subscribers will be notified via email.
We look forward to reading your essays! Feel free to share the Hooked To Books Scholarship with your friends on social media!
2 thoughts on “Hooked To Books Scholarship Information”
Hello. Are graduate students able to apply?
Hi Donovan, We are currently only accepting applications from undergraduate students.