At Hooked To Books, we acknowledge the importance of education and highly value knowledge. In an effort to promote reading and education among young people, we are pleased to announce the Hooked To Books Annual Scholarship for college students, with the total worth of $2000.
In order to apply, you must submit an essay, written in English and is 500 – 2000 words in length, answering the following question:
How did a book change your life?
The winner, as chosen by the Hooked To Books Scholarship Committee, will be awarded $1000. Two runners-up will receive $500 each. The check will be sent directly to your college.
- The applicant should, on the scholarship result announcement date, be enrolled in a two year or four year college program. This scholarship is open to applicants from all countries in the world.
- The applicant must write an email with the subject line of “HTB 2017 Scholarship Application” and send it to email@example.com. They will state in the email their name, contact address, phone number, the school name and state where they are attending college.
- The essay must be sent as an attachment in Word form (.doc or .docx extension) in the aforementioned email. The file should be named “HTB_Lastname“. Example: HTB_Reagan.docx
- Only one (1) submission per applicant is allowed. The applicants of the 2016 program can participate with a new essay.
- Submissions that do not follow this guideline will be automatically rejected without notification.
- Application is free of charge
- By submitting their essay, the applicant gives permission to publish the essay on hookedtobooks.com
Key Dates and Deadlines
Submission starting date: February 15, 2017
Deadline of submission: December 20, 2017
The results will be announced on December 31, 2017 on this website. All subscribers will be notified via email.
Rachel Goldstein from Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business (1st Prize)
Clara Cardoso Ferreira from University of Pittsburgh (2nd Prize)
Haidyn Bulen from Barrett, the Honors College (2nd Prize)
Read the five best essays this year on the life-changing power of books here!
Feel free to share this info with your friends in Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, using the #hookedtobooksscholarship hashtag.
We look forward to your participation.
Should you have any question, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comment section below.