You’ve landed on the Hooked to Books page specifically crafted to help you submit a Book Review. You may have directly found this page, or come over from our Write for Us page. Or if you’ve arrived here from Social Media, you may be looking for our insanely simple way to make $3… by submitting an InstaReview. If that’s the case, head on over to InstaReviews.
We created this page to make things simple for all of you beautiful, book reviewing maniacs. But we do want you to read the full details on our Submission Guidelines before submitting your book review.
If your book review submission is accepted and published, your next book is on us! Be sure to include your PayPal email address.
Download the PDF below for ease of reference, or read on. You can also Pin this image or share it with friends!
MUST HAVES for Book Reviews:
- Write an original review (don’t copy and paste anything)
- Break your review into Sections
- Use at least 3 sections. Bullet points and lists are helpful on readers’ eyes.
You MUST include “The Book in 3 Sentences” OR “5 Main Ideas” in your review
- If you can, please send us BOTH of these, but if you’re reviewing a fictional storybook that can be challenging. It’s ok. Just pick one or the other in that case.
- The Book in 3 Sentences: If you only had 15 seconds to explain the book to a friend, what would you say? (It’s ok if this is drastically oversimplified.)
- The Five (5) Main Ideas: Present a bullet-point list of 5 items that present the main ideas of the book you’re reviewing.
Still not sure where to start? Go with the basics!
- Did you enjoy the book? What surprised you? What’s one thing you learned that you won’t forget?
- Write an introduction, 2+ paragraphs of summary content, and end with a conclusion full of your spicy opinions.
- Take a look at these 3 examples here, here, and here to get your juices flowing.